Terms Of Service
1.Our philosophy is to offer a stress free grooming experience for your dog. We pay special attention to older pets and pets with health issues. Your pet’s safety and comfort is our first priority. We will not perform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. This includes nail trimming in some situations. Please understand there always a lies the risk of injury with any moving target (pet) with sharp grooming objects (scissors, clippers, shampoo, water, etc.).
2. You, the owner, will advise or remind us of any medical, physical, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions. These may include prior surgeries, hip or joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections or skin problems at time of service(s).
3. If your pet has behavior problems, please let us know. The Doggy Groomer reserves the right to use a muzzle on your pet for safety purposes and will do its due diligence to safely complete the groomer to the best of our ability. The owner will be held liable for any bites that require medical treatment and for any property damage caused by their pet. We reserves the right to refuse service and collect full payment for the appointment if the pet's behavior is a problem.
4. Appointments: We will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible, however, sometimes situations occur that will disrupt the daily schedule of the groomer. This includes traffic, weather, illness(es), mechanical difficulties, spending more time with an older/younger pet or a difficult pet. The pet’s safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet a schedule. We will try to text and advised of an a departure time when schedules change beyond our control or if in the event Chow Bella is unable to make the scheduled appointment a weekend or if possible an evening appointment will be made for the soonest possible date and time. This is to insure that all pre- scheduling continues to flow smoothly for yourself and other clients and us as well. * We may not be able to stop to answer calls or texts during grooming at times, but once we are finished and in route we will reply.
5.Scheduling is very important and things do happen with both clients and the unforeseen business disruption and we will do our best to accommodate you and move you if and how we can. The purpose is to keep things to run smoothly is to not cause a domino effect on the pre- scheduled appointments. We ask our clients to be flexible to accommodate others for these occasional incidentals because who knows it can happen to you.
Scheduling is done by group clients per their locale so that there is fluidity to the route. Most appointment are made via text message. Please respond as soon as possible with a yes or no, or check with us in x amount of weeks reply, so we can move forward to the next client to schedule. We can only give you an "about time" so please expect that we could come earlier or later than the "about time".
There is a hierarchy of appointments and scheduling. Customers who are seen on a 4 week basis trump a customer that is seem on a 12 week basis who will be put in where there is a opening. Those who do not do a standing appointments will be put where there is an opening and/or when we are in the area.
6.Cancellations: The Doggy Groomer is a small business operation and counts on your service, as a small business we count on the income and cancelled appointments are a loss. Therefor we strongly require a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel an appointment. Giving advance notice gives us the opportunity to fill your grooming slot and rearrange our schedule. If possible please try and make arrangements with a friend or family member to hand us your dog or leave us a way to enter because we don't always get that time slot filled.
*We do have a Latch Key Program to assist in not missing appointments for the "on the go" pet owner. (Please read # 8)
7. Pricing: Pricing quoted is our average rate for small to extra large dogs and whatever service you need. Additional charges may apply due to the pet’s behavior during the groom or the condition of their coat or special request. Our price includes sales tax.
8. Matting: If your pet cannot be humanely de-matted, we may ask permission to clip the hair short and “start over.” We will always ask for your permission. Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Removing a heavily matted coat can possibly includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet’s skin allowing fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. If it is in the best interest of the pet not to de-matt and if you refuse a shave down you will still be charged for services rendered.
9. Shots: We will not groom any dogs that is not up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations and highly suggests that you pet is inoculated with any vaccine that could possibly be transmitted via another dog like kennel cough or flue. Although we have not had any outbreaks this is to protect your pet and others. IF YOUR PET HAS OR COMES DOWN WITH ANY INFECTIOUS OR CONTAGIOUS CONDITION PLEASE NOTIFY US ASAP so we can take any necessary steps to protect the groomer and grooming environment and protect our clients and their pets .
10. Our latch key program allows us to enter your home while you are not available. If possible keep the pet in a contained area like a laundry room. If that is not possible we ask you to leave all bedrooms and other doors closed so your pet does not go hiding under beds and has less area to hide.
11. There is a $35 bounced check fee.
12. The Doggy Gromer will always take special care of your pet. Though we take every precaution to insure your pet’s safety. We are not responsible for pets that run away. If this is a concern you may put your pet inside our mobile unit and come out when your pet is done.
13. Staying with your pet or checking up on them: Sometime we will allow a pet owner to assist with a grooming other times a pet parent wants to just be with their furry baby. More often than not this is not a good idea. This is like taking your child to nursery school and standing at the window expecting he isn't going to cry or carry on wanting to be with you. This is actually dangerous for your pet since we are working with sharp tools that could cause serious injury to your pet or the groomer. Needless to say we do a nice groom if the dog is acting up. If you are weary that your pet might be missing you or mistreated you can arrange to set up a camera in the truck to watch the grooming from your own home.
14. Praise and Pack Leader: We believe in baby talking to you pet and praise them for their good behavior but we also believe in the Alfa dog pack leader methods or what a mother dog would do if one of her babies was misbehaving. If a dog's behavior is out of control we may hold the scruff of it's neck and shake it simulating the Alfa leader or mother, or put the dog on it's back and stare it down till it turns it's head away. These types of method shows who is the Alfa or dominate one is and who is in charge. Not often are these methods used but if need be we have to resort to them and if it does not work we will stop the groom hand the dog back.
I understand and do agree to all the above terms for the grooming and maintenance of my pet(s) and in consideration of the grooming services of The Doggy Groomer, and agree to hold harmless from damage, loss or claims arising from any injury or condition, and any known or unknown pre-existing condition of my pet(s). The terms, special services or handling shall include but are not limited to veterinarian services in the event I am not available. I authorize The Doggy Groomer to act as my agent in the event emergency veterinarian services, care-taking and/or transportation is necessary and I agree to pay all costs. Any/all damages, loss or claim shall include, but not be limited to death, injury or shock. Said pre-existing shall include, but not be limited to illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions, medical conditions, advanced age or nervousness.
I authorize The Doggy Groomer to seek medical attention immediately if the situation permits.
The Doggy Groomer shall not be held liable for any after-grooming effects of de-matting, clipping procedures, or problems uncovered on a badly matted or otherwise neglected coat including, but not limited to: itchiness, skin redness or self-inflicted irritations/abrasions from excessive external rubbing. I understand that time and costs associated with de-matting are unpredictable and subject to the particular condition of my dog; consequently, I agree to pay whatever fees are incurred as a result of de-matting. Determining whether a dog is “matted,” furthermore, is at the sole discrimination of The Doggy Groomer.
I agree to inform The Doggy Groomer prior to grooming if the dog has ever bitten any human or another dog, or if the dog has any aggressive tendencies whatsoever. I understand and agree that I will be held solely liable for any harm, injury, or property damage caused by my dog to any and all of The Doggy Groomer’s staff, and properties.
The Doggy Groomer shall not be held liable for the well-being of any and all pets or owners, including, but not limited to, sickness, injury, death, etc.,
I agree to pay all costs for the grooming of the dog including, but not limited to, special handling requirements, de-matting, and fees due for missed appointments.
I agree to make sure my dog has relieved itself, and has taken any and all scheduled medications prior to grooming appointment time.
I have read and accept this policy for the groom today and for any and all future grooming appointments.
Home Phone____________________Cell Number_______________________Email__________________________
Name (Pet) ________________________Age______Breed____________________________